Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Year of the Dragon!

Happy Year of the Dragon everyone!

Happy Year of the Dragon 1

When Tet (Vietnamese Lunar New Year) arrives in January, it always throws me off. I'm not prepared! I didn't make anything for my relatives like I usually do in previous years.

I don't think my aunts and uncles were prepared either because this year's food exchange was much lighter compared to previous years.

Nonetheless, I sure appreciated the homemade keo me (Vietnamese sesame candy), banh tet (Vietnamese sticky rice cakes), dua mon (Vietnamese pickles), and kimchee they gave me.

Happy Year of the Dragon 2

Here's hoping that you're prepared and that it's a great year for you and yours.

*****
1 year ago today,
2 years ago today, Indonesian Beef Rendang.
3 years ago today, Chai Black Tea.
4 years ago today, French Bread Pizza.
5 years ago today, a cold frost decimated most of my garden, except for my iceberg roses and three strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!