Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Grey Scarf for Lil' Sis's Other Friend

Lil' sis started this scarf years ago. She crocheted about a foot and left it to languish in my yarn pile. I recently picked it up again with no plan in mind.


Gray Scarf for Lil Sis's Other Friend 1

Her other friend said once that he wanted a scarf that he could wrap around and around and around his neck. So when he came over recently for tea and sympathy, I offered up the scarf.


Actually, I offered up a fuzzier, wider, rainbow scarf that I was knitting. To which he exclaimed, "I'm gay, but not THAT gay!" Haha!

It won't make up for the fabulous Alexander McQueen scarf that he lost on the Matterhorn, but I said when he wraps this around himself, he'll be getting a virtual hug from both lil' sis and me.


Gray Scarf for Lil Sis's Other Friend 2

Grey scarf made from one skein of acrylic baby yarn, soft but machine-washable. Measures 4 1/2 inches wide by 7 1/2 feet, longer if stretched taut.

*****
1 year ago today, mom's banh xeo (Vietnamese sizzling crepes).
2 years ago today, ginataang kalabasa at sitaw (Filipino squash and long beans in coconut milk).
3 years ago today, a mini tour of Chinatown, Los Angeles.

8 comments:

  1. yay for yarn creations! what a lovely accessory for your sister's friend, such a versatile shade of grey that'll go with basically anything.

    i also have a grey scarf hanging out in my yarn pile, to be knitted. the likelihood of me picking it back up is very slim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow so beautiful. you should start a knitting blog too hehe. I tried crocheting a while back and it was so so difficult for me. I think knitting should be even harder. I feel inspired again after seeing your work hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the color; such a nice light charcoal-grey. 7.5 feet long!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. I love to crochet too. We need to get together and eat and crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lan,
    Why don't you just crochet that scarf too? Or you've already started on the knitting? I want to try and make cute amigurumi like you do!

    Wiffy,
    I don't craft often enough to warrant a separate blog, so I just post on here when I occasionally do. Crochet is twice the yarn at half the time as knitting. Neither are particularly hard if you just do the basics. I can't do fancy stuff.

    TS,
    Longer than I am tall!

    My,
    Another crocheter coming out of the woodwork.

    ReplyDelete
  6. O, what a beautiful scarf :-) Love the color, metalic is always so sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nick,
    Haha!

    Zlamushka,
    Thanks! I love the soft grey myself and was quite tempted to keep the scarf, but it was already promised. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!