Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Friday, January 15, 2010

Best of: Top 10 Recipes of 2006

The last of my "Best of" series of recipes until I catch up with 2009 posts.

Since my blogging was in fits and spurts in the beginning, there weren't that many posts. And when I did blog, my photos left much to be desired. I was using a Canon SD110 and had yet to care about plating or angles. I've tried to update photos of these recipes when possible. The main thing that stands out is, with the exception of the first two, most of the recipes had very, very few hits. It was a stretch to make a top 10 list, but I did anyway.

Best of: Top 10 Recipes of 2006

Again, the numbers after the recipe name reflect the number of hits from May 24, 2009 to January 11, 2010.

Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup) 8Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup) 3,905



Goi Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Salad) 1Goi Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Salad) 2,425

Banh Kem Dua (Vietnamese Coconut Flan) 1Banh Kem Dua (Vietnamese Coconut Flan) 1,316

Salt, Pepper, Lemon Basic Baked Organic Chicken 1Baked Chicken with Lemon, Salt, and Pepper 937

Doughnut Bread Pudding 10Doughnut Bread Pudding 549

Loofah and Shrimp Stir-fryMuop Tom Xao (Vietnamese Loofah and Shrimp Stir-fry) 522

Coq Au Vin (French Chicken with Wine) 6Coq au Vin (French Chicken with Wine) 360

Pumpkin Penne 1Pumpkin Penne 190

Sweet Corn Tomalito 8Sweet Corn Tomalito 182

Insalata CapreseInsalata Caprese (Italian Tomato, Basil, Mozzarella Salad) 178 (Actually, this post was combined with my baked goat cheese with pesto recipe, but I've moved that to its own page. So who knows which of the two helped squeeze this recipe into the #10 slot?)

Coincidentally, because of the scant amount of recipes, this list wasn't that different from my original arbitrarily created Best of 2006 list.

If you've been here from the beginning, thanks for continuing to read me! :)

*****
1 year ago today, Spanish Chickpeas with Raisins, Sausage, and Walnuts.
2 years ago today, best of 2007 recipes from aji verde (Peruvian green chili sauce) to butter.
3 years ago today, two of my cousins started quilting too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!