Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Main Street Brewery & Restaurant - Cortez - Colorado

After the Native American performances at the Cortez Cultural Center, we went down the street to Main Street Brewery & Restaurant to grab a late night dinner.

17 Main Street Brewery - Cortez - Colorado 1

I know it's a brewery, but I couldn't resist the honey root beer, $3.50. Made with local honey. It was sooo good. Not too sweet and so fresh tasting. I could smell and taste the honey in the root beer. Love! Love! Love!

17 Main Street Brewery - Cortez - Colorado 2

But as it is a brewery, there were a variety of housemade beers as well. Hehe. I love the names. SchnorzenBoomer. UberPils. Dopplebock (It's supposed to be spelled DoppELbock.)

17 Main Street Brewery - Cortez - Colorado 3

I didn't want a full-sized beer and the waitress said we could order a single flight-sized pour for about 75 cents. Pretty awesome! So I got a Mild Stout, which was a 3/4 combo of the SchnorzenBoomer (C'mon! You know I can't resist silly names!) Doppelbock and 1/4 Porter. It's described as mildly malty with a hint of chocolate. It was really good and I'm not even a beer drinker. I later bought a bottle as a souvenir for my brother.

17 Main Street Brewery - Cortez - Colorado 4

Another bonus is that the meat comes from their own herd of Angus cattle.

17 Main Street Brewery - Cortez - Colorado 5

Gourmet Pigs ordered the steak and spinach salad, $12.95, sauteed julienne of steak over fresh spinach leaves, wilted with hot sweet and sour bacon dressing, sliced hard-boiled egg, shredded Parmesan, croutons and sliced red onions with focaccia bread. I tried some and the beef was very good.

17 Main Street Brewery - Cortez - Colorado 6

Her friend ordered the half pound Angus hamburger, $8.95, on a soft bun with "Brew City" fries, pickles, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, mayonnaise, and sauerkraut. Sorry for the crappy photo. He was hungry.

17 Main Street Brewery - Cortez - Colorado 7

And I, well, I couldn't resist getting the Rocky Mountain oysters, $8.95, with Cajun breading, fresh veggies, "Brew City" fries, and ranch dressing.

You know what Rocky Mountain oysters really are, don't you?

17 Main Street Brewery - Cortez - Colorado 8

Never having had them before, I wasn't sure what to expect. I guess I thought they'd be like real oysters. You know, a little soft and squishy in the center. These bull testicles tasted like tough clams. Having nothing to compare them to, someone will have to tell me what they're supposed to taste like?

As you can see, they were sliced pretty thin, breaded, and fried. All I could taste was the breading really. The testicles were chewy and totally tasted like I was eating fried clams. And an inside visual for you prurient readers. Heh.

17 Main Street Brewery - Cortez - Colorado 9

OK, so I was curious, but it was rather anti-climatic. Too much fried stuff for me this day. A Navajo fry bread breakfast wrap at Ted's Taco - Mancos, a Navajo fry bread taco lunch at Spruce Tree Terrace Cafe - Mesa Verde National Park, and a fried bull testicles dinner.

Ha! Let's see what this does for my search traffic now. :P

Posts in this series:
Sadie's of New Mexico - Albuquerque - New Mexico
Anderson-Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum - Albuquerque - New Mexico
Shiprock - New Mexico
Ted's Taco - Mancos - Colorado
Balcony House - Mesa Verde National Park - Colorado
House of Many Windows - Mesa Verde National Park - Colorado
Hemenway House - Mesa Verde National Park - Colorado
Cliff Palace - Mesa Verde National Park - Colorado
Spruce Tree Terrace Cafe - Mesa Verde National Park - Colorado
Chapin Mesa Archeological Museum - Mesa Verde National Park - Colorado
Spruce Tree House - Mesa Verde National Park - Colorado
Petroglyph Point Trail - Mesa Verde National Park - Colorado
Cortez Cultural Center - Cortez - Colorado
Main Street Brewery & Restaurant - Cortez - Colorado
Absolute Bakery & Cafe - Mancos - Colorado
Four Corners Monument - Shiprock - New Mexico
Pine Country Restaurant - Williams - Arizona
Grand Canyon National Park (South Rim) - Arizona

Main Street Brewery & Restaurant
21 E. Main St.
Cortez, CO 81321
970-564-9112
Opens at 3:30 p.m. daily

*****
1 year ago today, How to Make Oven-Dried Tomatoes.
2 years ago today, Pho Pasteur - Rosemead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!