Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Miette Patisserie (Ferry Building) - San Francisco (Embarcadero)

After lunch at Jovino - San Francisco with my college friends, one of them dropped me off at the Ferry Building so I could rendezvous with lil' sis and the middle '87.


9 Miette Patisserie (Ferry Building) - San Francisco (Embarcadero) 1


I was drawn by the display of pastries at Miette Patisserie and the giant glass jars of macarons.


9 Miette Patisserie (Ferry Building) - San Francisco (Embarcadero) 2


Pretty carrot cakes.


9 Miette Patisserie (Ferry Building) - San Francisco (Embarcadero) 3


And chocolate balls?


9 Miette Patisserie (Ferry Building) - San Francisco (Embarcadero) 4


We opted for chocolate lavender, hazelnut, and pistachio macarons.


9 Miette Patisserie (Ferry Building) - San Francisco (Embarcadero) 5


The macarons tasted so chewy and dense. Not light and airy like I've eaten at other places. Oh well.

We walked around a little bit to see some of the other shops.

Cheeses.


10 Ferry Building - San Francisco (Embarcadero) 1


Breads.


10 Ferry Building - San Francisco (Embarcadero) 2


Lil' sis and my cousin decided to go down to Fisherman's Wharf, while I waited for a friend to join me. I decided to walk out the back to check out the view.


10 Ferry Building - San Francisco (Embarcadero) 3


What a gorgeous day. The Bay Bridge and Treasure Island in the background.


10 Ferry Building - San Francisco (Embarcadero) 4


I've heard good things about Hog Island Oyster Co. too, but just had lunch and felt like I had overindulged the day before. I picked up a used copy of "The History of Love" by Nicole Krauss. Anyone read it? Did you like it?


10 Ferry Building - San Francisco (Embarcadero) 5


I had handed off my point and shoot camera to lil' sis so she could document her adventures while away from me. She wanted to go to Fisherman's Wharf to get the iconic clam chowder in a bread bowl.


11 Clam Chowder in a Bread Bowl (Pier 39) - San Francisco (Fisherman's Wharf) 1


And watch the seals on Pier 39.


11 Clam Chowder in a Bread Bowl (Pier 39) - San Francisco (Fisherman's Wharf) 2


All Northern California posts can be found with the tag, Series: NorCal, but I suggest reading this particular trip in this order:
Persian Dill Rice
Chai Thai Noodles - Oakland
Pho Ga Huong Que Cafe - Oakland
Fentons Creamery & Restaurant - Oakland
Chinatown - San Francisco
Eastern Bakery - San Francisco (Chinatown)
House of Nanking - San Francisco (Financial District)
Banana Leaf Restaurant - Milpitas
Jovino - San Francisco (Marina/Cow Hollow (Closed)
Miette Patisserie (Ferry Building) - San Francisco (Embarcadero)
Butterfly Restaurant (Pier 33) - San Francisco (Embarcadero)
Imperial Tea Court (Ferry Building) - San Francisco (Embarcadero)
Sura Korean Cuisine - Oakland
Centennial Light (World's Longest Lasting Light Bulb) - Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department Station 6 - Livermore
Harris Ranch Inn & Restaurant - Coalinga
Chao Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Rice Porridge)
Chinese Scallion Cilantro Dipping Sauce

1 Ferry Bldg., Shop 10
San Francisco, CA 94111
415-837-0300
Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

*****
1 year ago today, lackadaisical service, but great lunch deals at Thai Purple - Alhambra.
2 years ago today, peach-stuffed doughnuts at Donut Man - Glendora.

2 comments:

  1. hi wc - i'm not too crazy about miette's macarons. they are heavy and too chewy. i like them light and airy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!