Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Friday, June 27, 2008

I Only Knit Scarves

Last winter after completing my Sushi and Dim Sum Quilt and my Granny Square Blanket, I reverted back to a familiar craft favorite - knitting scarves. Luckily after-Christmas sales were on my side so I could indulge in this lovely wool yarn with twists of color that thickens and thins as it meanders along.


Scarves 1



The bamboo needles are US size 13/9 mm, purchased from Target's $1 section. The red with its bursts of gold and orange reminds me of a very vivid sunset.


Scarves 2


This gray scarf was a soft acrylic that I knit a while back. I began it hoping to comfort Nikki Polani when her cat became very sick. The color reminded me of her fur.


Scarves 4


Wouldn't you like this pink scarf to comfort you? Hand knit by yours truly?


Scarves 3


I'm giving away a choice of either this pink wool scarf or 5 food items of your choice in my fundraiser for Figs with Bri. Deadline is June 30 at 11:59 p.m. I'll be drawing and announcing a winner after that.

Each $10 donation gives you a virtual raffle ticket to help defray the medical costs for Bri's fight with breast cancer. Although the initial goal has been met, Bri and her husband are still paying her medical bills from her first battle against breast cancer 2 1/2 years ago.

Please go to either the Jugalbandi or Figs with Bri websites, scroll down to the Chip In box and click through to make your donation. Then forward a copy of your receipt to me at wanderingchopsticks (at) gmail (dot) com so that I can put your name down for the drawings. I will ship worldwide. The raffle prize code for this is "Wandering Chopsticks."

Read my San Gabriel Superstore post so you can get an idea of where I will be buying those 5 food items. Please read my fundraiser for Figs with Bri post for further details.

*****
1 year ago today, hot vit lon (Vietnamese fetal duck eggs) at C&C Express (C&C Food Co.) - Westminster (Little Saigon).

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know that you liked to knit! Me too. I just finished knitting my first hat for a baby. I liked it so much I made 2. I have also knit scarves and a baby blanket. I got into it a few years ago and just recently started picking it up again. Hey, I'm going to be in LA in Aug. Let's meet up and you can take me to eat some yummy food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,
    We've been friends for how many years and you didn't know this about me? :P Call me when you're in town! I know where I want to take you next. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!