Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Squash Blossom Omelet

Isn't it pretty? Right after I finished making my deep-fried squash blossoms stuffed with basil and cottage cheese, my cousin came over with a bag of freshly plucked squash blossoms from my youngest uncle. Yup, same uncle that gave me that huge batch of squash blossoms earlier. So I had to come up with a few more recipes. I mean, I guess I could have cooked my previous recipes but where's the fun in that? ;) Squash Blossom Omelet For one omelet, you'll need: 3 eggs 4 squash blossoms 1 tblsp milk A pinch of salt A few shreds of cheddar cheese A few sprigs of cilantro Heat a pan on medium heat. Beat 3 eggs with 1 tblsp of milk and a pinch of salt. The milk is purely optional, but I think it makes eggs fluffier. Pour into pan and toss in a few sprigs of cilantro. Lay the squash blossoms on top. I like to put the petals facing outward so they'll look prettier when folded in half. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. Cover the pan with a lid so the eggs can cook. Then carefully fold the omelet in half and you'll get this. Enjoy! My squash blossoms recipes: Bong Bi Nhoi Tom Chien (Vietnamese Shrimp-Stuffed Deep-fried Squash Blossoms) Crostinis with Arugula Pesto, Bruschetta al Pomodoro, and Squash Blossom Ricotta Deep-fried Squash Blossoms Deep-fried Squash Blossoms Stuffed with Basil and Cottage Cheese Ravioli with Basil, Squash Blossoms, and Ricotta Sauteed Squash Blossoms Squash Blossom Omelet Squash Blossom and Prosciutto Pizza Squash Blossom Quesadilla

11 comments:

  1. This looks so good WC! I love omelettes and I would have never thought to put squash blossoms in them. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty flowery omelet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay more squash blossoms! Mm this looks delish! I haven't had an omelette in forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Give us more squash blossoms please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. all these squash blossom recipes you're making is making me really curious as to what they taste like! i have no idea where to find them here so i might have to ask u to send me some :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn, you really did have a lot of those squash blossoms huh? Send me some ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marvin,
    Thanks! It turned out really well actually.

    Tigerfish,
    Thanks!

    EMWK,
    Thank you!

    Amy,
    Neither had I, so that's why I was thinking of it.

    Kelly,
    Thanks.

    W&S,
    Ask and you shall receive. Hehe. :)

    PeachyMango,
    I would except they'd be mush by the time they arrive in Virginia!

    Jaded,
    I'm lucky to have an uncle who's growing several different kinds of squashes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are quite creative! Hehe, you should write a book...like the ppl who wrote 101 ways to cook ramen. Although you'd prolly be so sick of squash blossoms after making it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jeannie,
    Heh, I don't think I can come up with 101 ways! I'm sort-of running out of ideas. But I have two more squash blossom recipes left. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!